Monday, November 06, 2006

seven deadly sins

Throughout the semester I have been hopping from project to project, trying very hard to find a focus. So far my work has been very similar to my old work, now I am searching for a new identity from that work. My recent project is going to be a more abstract representation of a whole new subject. I want to try something new, a different style. My work will be based on the 7 deadly sins. I will use multiple people or objects with in each piece to represent a certain sin. Each piece will have a representative color to go along with it, but they will be based as a black and white photograph. In other words they will each have a different tone.

For the end of the semester I am going to have 7 digital pieces of which will represent the 7 deadly sins. This work will be an experimentation of a new style for me. So if anyone has suggestions I would gladly take them.

2 Comments:

Blogger mary said...

Angel, I like this idea of the seven deadly sins. Of course, I like things that are grouped into series. As someone who loves to work with images, I think there is a lot of possibilities with this concept. I can't wait to see how you approach this.

2:03 PM  
Blogger marydorsey said...

Angel, I am confused about the idea of black and white photographs in color. Are you making digital images, or are you making contact prints in the darkroom from digital negatives? By toning, are you refering to traditional toning processes such as sepia, selenium, dyeing, etc. or are you actually colorizing in Photoshop on the computer? How do you determine what colors go with which sins, or will you go with something that has been previously established? How are you researching these ideas? There are so many ways to approach this rich subject matter!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home